Monday, March 8, 2010

Second Time Around

Being back in Kenya is definitely a different experience than last year. Yes we are doing the same things but they are having a different effect. It is so cool to see kids that we met last year and actually have them remember us. Like today for instance, the Mercy Kids came to the compound and hung out with us and I saw a little boy Joseph and as soon as he saw me he remembered me and said "its you, its you!" and we hung out the rest of the day. The first time we met he didn't really want to tell me his story, but this time he was willing to tell me some of his story. Kenya is definitely an amazing experience for all of us. I can't wait to see all the amazing kids tomorrow at the Oasis of Hope camp. I know that these kids are changing our lives and that we are changing theirs.

-Sarah Olson

No comments:

Post a Comment